Friday, August 21, 2009

Prepping for My First Big Art Festival

The first major art festival that I will show my work in is coming up soon. It's the 47th On the Green Fine Art & Craft Show in Glastonbury, CT. It is three weeks away, which doesn't give me much time. I managed to get most of my materials together for the display, including three new ProPanels and some joining hardware and some small tables.

I also ordered new business cards, updated my portfolio, bought a new receipt book, ordered a banner and a stamp, created and printed out new brochures, and bought a new cart. While that is good progress, I still need to varnish some paintings, finish some others, frame some recent work, and finalize my price list. I also want to make some weights for the tent.

To make things more complicated, I'm taking a workshop next week with Marc Hanson in Brewster, NY. I'm really hoping to get some good work out of that. I love Marc's work and it promises to be a good workshop. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate at least some of the time. After all, it's all about plein air.

I was hoping to get some postcards out, but it seems like the Glastonbury Art guild has not decided on a design for the cards yet. I would need to order them from VistaPrint and then mail them out. It's getting down to the wire, though.

I managed to get a booth that faces Hubbard street. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it will make setup easier, at least. If the crowds are good, I may get some business. I have a nice selection of landscapes, still lifes, and seascapes now. I also have a huge painting that I want to show. It will be a great focal point for the exhibit.

Hopefully, the weather will be cool and nice. Last year, I think that it rained. You just never know what it will do.

No comments: