Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Strawberry Hollow Farm

A few weeks ago, I set up across the street from Strawberry Hollow Farm and painted a study for this picture. Autumn was in full bloom, and the pumpkins and mums were lined up outside of the cute little shop. From the study, I painted a 10"x20" painting, which really captured the panoramic view and the autumn warmth. I sold the study and the larger painting to the owner of the  farm yesterday. I could tell that he really liked it. It was a lot of fun to paint, and a terrific subject. The farmer has a lovely piece of property with a nice pond. He says in the Spring, the flowers are beautiful around the pond. I asked permission to come back to paint the pond area, and he said that I can come back any time, so I'm looking forward to painting there this Spring.

No comments: