Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Class With Jack Keledjian

The class in Vermont yesterday was a lot of fun. We painted from a live model, a local girl who was very attractive. The pose was quite nice. She sat on the loveseat and posed with good arm and leg movement. My setup viewed her from a 3/4 view, which was just what I wanted. I mixed up a brown with ultramarine blue and yellow ochre, which was a bit too cool a color. I will need to get some transparent oxide brown for the next one. The first one that I did was too small for the canvas, so I restarted it, with Jack's help. The second one came out much better. I will need to use some charcoal next time to draw out the model before I paint, I think. Using one color to paint is an interesting approach. A lot of people went on to color, but I kind of liked using the one color with white. The class was small, but nice. I hope to take another one soon, possibly in May. It's nice to be back in a classroom again. I really miss listening to the ramble and art talk, and also seeing what others are doing. Publish Post

No comments: